Choosing a new career is not always easy. Whether you're starting on your career journey or making a switch, there are many factors to consider when making your ultimate decision. When you love what you do, then success will surely follow. Real estate is a great career, but it is unlike any other job you might consider. That's why we came up with a list of pros and cons to help you decide if it is the right career path for you.
Here is a list we compiled of pros and cons to being a real estate agent:
- Meaningful Work – you help people make their dreams come true. Being a Real Estate Broker gives you a sense of purpose, rather than just a job to show up to every day.
- Freedom and Independence – Real estate brokers are Independent Contractors, so you are your own boss.
- Work from Anywhere – You can work from home or the office. Technology allows you to work wherever you are.
- It's Not Boring – No two days are alike; No two clients are alike; No two homes are alike.
- Respectability - you will be considered an expert in your field.
- Flexible Hours – you get to make your schedule.
- Unlimited Income – you set your goals, and we'll help you achieve them.
As you can see, there are multiple pros to being a real estate agent! If the above list gets you excited about real estate, the cons list will be a minor distraction.
- Variable Income Stream – Real estate sales are somewhat seasonal, so you'll make big money in the spring and summer and less in the fall and winter. Getting started takes a little time, so the first year or two will produce a modest income.
- It Is Work – It looks like fun (and it is!), but only those brokers who work at it full-time reap the rewards of a full-time income.
- There Are Upfront and Ongoing Costs – of course, there are! As with any business (and you are your own business), there are costs to get started and maintain licenses, memberships, etc. Fortunately, those costs are very modest compared to the income!
Real estate is a rewarding career choice with so little on the con list. We've helped so many new Realtors launch their successful careers. We can help you navigate around the tiny list of cons so that you can enjoy the extensive list of pros!
Gambino Realtors believes in their agents and supports them on their journey. There are so many reasons to choose a real estate career, and we're here to help. If you have questions or if you are ready to dive right in, please reach out to get started today. Please contact Heather Porter at 815.316.4048.